Andaman Tour Packages from Bangalore
Tourists often set to exploring the Isles from the metro city of Bangalore due to which it is well connected to cities via which the tourists can reach the final destination of Andaman Islands. The travellers coming from the busy metro city often arrive at the location to enjoy the coastal beauty of the place. It also lets the people on a journey where they can spend hours by the beach bay from the hustle and bustle of Bangalore. The easiest route to reaching Port Blair on an Andaman tour package is via a flight from Bangalore. In case the traveller is looking out on a cheap journey, a train can be boarded from Bangalore to Chennai from where the flight can be availed. One may also choose to take a ship or ferry from Chennai to continue the journey further. In total, an aerial distance of 1650 kilometres is to be covered to reach Port Blair.
How to Reach?
By air: The preferable way to reach the Andaman Islands is by boarding flight. Major aeroplane operators like Spicejet, IndiGo and various others facilitate flights from Bangalore where direct flight is provided to Port Blair by GoAir which takes a time duration of three hours and covers an aerial distance of 1650 km. Most of the other flights have a stop at Chennai from where the Veer Savarkar International Airport at Port Blair would be the next stop. The time duration may vary as per each flight services from 5 hours to 24 hours. The travellers can fly to Vishakapatanam within a time span of 1 hour and 35 minutes and take a direct flight to Port Blair for the travel. A transit flight is cheaper than boarding a direct flight to the Islands and booking the tickets on a prior notice would also provide the people with budget rated air tickets.
By Train: Railway project has been initiated in the Andaman Islands which is expected to be functioning on the Island in the successive years. 22 long-distance trains are available from Bangalore to Chennai as direct facilities are not available. A travel duration of 6 hours to 9 hours are required to reach Chennai where a distance of 358 kilometres is covered. The travellers can avail the railway facility until Chennai and choose a flight or ferry from the place to reach the Andaman Islands. The train can also be boarded from Bangalore to Vishakapatanam which would take approximately 19 hours to reach from where the travellers can board the ship to Port Blair which would require 56 hours of covering 1078 kilometres of travel distance.
By Ship: The longest route to the Andaman Islands is through ship where approximately 4-5 days are required to reach Port Blair. Ferry facilities are available from destinations like Chennai and Vishakapatanam which takes the travellers on a long journey. An approximate time period of 60 hours is required for the ship journey from Chennai to Port Blair while the ship journey from Vishakapatnam to Port Blair takes 56 hours of travel duration. The climatic conditions are of concern on setting off on a journey through the sea.
Things to do
- Snorkelling: order to eyeshot the beauty of the underwater coral world, the travellers can set on a snorkelling spree where the beauty of the marine world can be witnessed.
- Banana Boat ride: The travellers visiting in groups can ride on the banana boats together to indulge in the fun activities at the destination..
- Scuba Diving: The experts at swimming can explore the seabed by setting off on an adventurous dive into the turquoise blue waters of the islands.
- Undersea walking: Non-swimmers can take their chance of walking through the seabed to have a close look at the shimmering submarine coral reefs.
- Jet Skiing: The tourists can have speed thrills at the beach by setting off on a quick jet ski ride through the beach
- Glass bottom boat ride: The non-swimmers can enjoy viewing the coral reefs by moving on a boat with glass on its bottom.
- Parasailing: It is the best adventurous activity to indulge in order to capture an overview of the beautiful Islands.
- Speed boating:The speed powered engine boats rush the travellers through the reminiscing waters of the Andaman Islands.
- Sport fishing: The ultimate group activity of the Island, Sport Fishing is the best to indulge in the most fun activity.
- Kayaking: Explore the creeks with abundant mangroves by Kayaking in groups at the location.